Yesterday was quite the interesting and eventful day. We went to a Migrant Resource Center, I (Zoë) had been quite excited for this! (I may have been one of the few who were haha) We listened to staff share their experience of migrating to Australia and what their job entails at the Center. We both thought it was really awesome that they are given back to their community and helping migrants get settled like they have done before.
When we got back to the hostel, it was time to get ready for the show at the Sydney Opera House! After we did all of our girly primping, we headed down to the Opera House to have dinner there with our entire group. As we were walking around while waiting for our food, I (Hallie) felt a sudden shooting pain in my side. So obviously I told mother Zoë and some other friends and they said right away; cracked rib. CRACKED RIB, are you kidding me, it’s not like I’ve been sick long enough and now this? So with every step, cough and breath, just pain shooting in my side. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. However, that did not stop me from eating and going to the show. I had the kids meal of fish and chips and Zoë had some kind of fancy hotdog. Along with our dinner, we figured it was a special occasion and enjoyed a nice drink.
IT WAS TIME! IT WAS TIME! IT WAS SHOW TIME! The show we saw was called La Soiree, there are so many words to describe this show. A few of them are bizarre, hilarious, spectacular, eccentric, risky, and downright crazy! The acts included a drunk lady that was, well just drunk. A girl who could hula hoop and jump rope like no one else’s business. A woman who sang and stripped bear naked in front of EVERYONE! Well except Hal because she had to go to the bathroom right before! So she missed it, none of us thought she would believe there was an actual live, breathing, 40 something year-old naked women on stage, but she did! Most likely because we all couldn’t stop laughing like immature little girls. Then there was a man and woman who did an absolutely incredible acrobatic piece and the “Queen of England” who I (Zoë) thought was a woman the whole time but nope it was a man! That is some great acting, let me tell you! After the show we walked back and Hal went to bed in hopes she would finally feel better in the morning. But, you know I think it’s kinda hard to feel better when you have a cracked rib. :( #BadLuckHallie
Cherrio!
Much Love,
Hal & Zoë
No comments:
Post a Comment