Thursday, January 16, 2014

Road Trippin!

G’day! 
We had our first full day in Dunedin, and it was just wonderful. We started off the day with breakfast, I, (Hallie) got to feed Ollie, and it was so much fun! (He is quite the messy eater.)  Then we said our goodbyes to Oliver & Clare and we headed out on a road trip with Chris.  Within a half an hour of the trip, I was sound asleep in the back. I, (Zoë) stayed awake the whole time! The drive was absolutely gorgeous. It was amazing how the scenery would change so quickly, without really even noticing. It would go from full green vegetation to rock structures and then into the mountains. 
Finally, I (Hallie) woke up and the views were gorgeous….and my bladder was quite full.  So we had a mission to find a toilet; it’s a lot harder than you think it would be. Finally, we found one..but of course we had to cross a bumpy bridge over a river…not very fun.  Once we all took care of our bathroom duties, we were back on track. Seriously; the views, just breathtaking.  We’ve never seen any body of water so blue!  All of the sudden Chris pulled over, and there was the biggest dam ever; seriously, it is the world’s largest concrete dam.  And dam, it was huge…haha get it? We then arrived to Old Cromwell; for some lunch and relaxation. It was quiet an adorable little area.  I had the best chai tea latte, hands down…sooooo amazing!  I, (Zoë) had the best sandwich ever, it was a BLAT, bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato, holy yum!  Anywhos; after we enjoyed lunch outside, we did a little window shopping, because clearly everything is out of our price range.  Then, we hopped back in the car towards our next destination.  We were on our way for our first wine tasting.  We learned how to spit, and that we both are not a big fan of red wine; no bueno.  Then, I bought my first bottle of wine; as a thank you gift for Chris and Clare.  This was really exciting because I am not 21 yet; so I cannot do that in the states…It was quite the milestone.  After that, we went to another winery; the views were wonderful, the wine not so much.  Good thing we knew how to spit! We then headed back; we both fell asleep in the car ride while Chris navigated.  All of sudden we stopped at a fruit shack and we got the best ice cream ever.  It was vanilla ice cream blended with fresh berries; this treat will be greatly missed.  When we got back I, (Hallie) got the pleasure of giving Oliver a bath; it was so much fun! 
I (Zoë) helped make dinner, okay so I didn’t really do that much, just chopped some vegetables for our tofu tacos. Which I absolutely loved! It was such a good meal, and we will definitely be making tofu tacos, so 1501 Wyatt girls, get ready!  Afterwards, we just hung out relaxed and just enjoyed family and the beautiful views.  To wrap up the night, we watched Glee, the Corey Moneith Tribute.  If you haven’t heard of Glee, you’re missing out! Glee is a semi musical, comedy and drama…that doesn’t really make sense; but it’s wonderful.  The episode we watched was dedicated to the death of one the main characters… It was very sad, needless to say, our night ended in tears.  Except when I, (Hallie) played some funny videos right after to lift our spirits.    


No comments:

Post a Comment