And a New Adventure Begins...
We arrive shortly after midnight at Chris and Clare’s, we were extremely tired but little did we know how amazing there house was! We were in awe…especially when we saw our bed, pure heaven on a cloud. Needless to say we had a great night sleep..together :) We got to sleep in but we ended up waking up at eight thirty. We could not get over the view they have every day, absolutely beautiful. Then, we got to see Hals nephew OLIVER! I don’t think I have ever seen Hal this excited except for the night before when she saw her brother Chris :) We then got up and I (Zoë) got to meet Clare (Hals sister-in-law) and Clare's sister, Joan, whom are both wonderful! Chris took us into Dunedin, first we went to the Dunedin Public Art Gallery, it was really awesome. Majority of the art was modern, there was an interactive section for kids to play in; obviously we played as well. Our favorite artist was Gregory Grewdson, he had a spectacular exhibit of photographs portray the hardships of the American middle class. Unfortunately, we could not take photos, but we promise you-it was wonderful. Zoë wanted to buy the book that he had; sadly it was $75… too bad we’re poor, American, broke students (wink wink, nudge nudge-Mamma S;) ) We also got to tour the Cadbury Chocolate Factory!! We were so excited, well I may have been a tad bit more than Hal but I am a chocoacholic so I guess that’s understandable! The tour consisted us wearing goofy hair nets, and Chris had to wear a beard net. But it was worth it, we were able see how they make all of their chocolate and even got some free samples…they’re almost gone. Afterwards, we walked around downtown Dunedin and did a little shopping. I, (Hallie) started to get a little tired, and had a coughing attack; so we headed back. When we got back, I laid down for a little bit…okay like 2 ½ hours.. either way; I woke up and, started to feel better. So cross your fingers everyone; I may get my voice back by the time we go back to the States! While Hallie was sleeping, I (Zoë) hung out in the kitchen and Oliver was a good source of entertainment until he had bath time. Then, I had a lovely conversation with Clare and Joan about New Zealand and the States, mainly the politics of the two countries. I then went upstairs to wake Hal up, this took some work! For dinner we had a lamb roast, potatoes, kumara (sweet potatoes), and green beans. It was absolutely delicious and so nice to have a home cooked meal! After dinner, we hung out and made our plans for the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment