We’re almost caught up on our blogging! yayyy!
Sorry mates, we’ve been a little behind, but thank you so much for being patient with us. We greatly appreciate it. :)
Now, where did we leave y’all hanging? Oh yes, Sunday Funday! On Sunday we got to tour the Royal Botanical Gardens and the Government house. The Botanical Gardens were just lovely, there were so many beautiful flowers, plants, and spiders. Spiders you may ask? Yes, spiders, they we’re gigantic and not so lovely. Then, we walked for a little bit and reached the Government House. This house was huge! Sadly, we couldn’t take any pictures except on the outside and the ballroom.
Later on, we made our way back to the hostel and prepared for our lecture from Professor Haney. As soon as we got to the lecture room, I (Hallie), ran to the bathroom… and you may guess what happened then.. Needless to say, I did not make it to the lecture and ended up sleeping again. For dinner, our friends and us made spaghetti, well I (Hallie) didn’t since I was still sick. We ate a little, talked a little and had some fun. Shortly after though, I had to run up to the bathroom… and guess what happened next.. yeah I’ll save you the details again. It was just not my day.
The next day, Monday, January 6th we had a guest lecture, I (Hallie), came later because I still did not feel the best. (Zoë) The lecture was about Aboriginal art and besides her powerpoint not working it was a very interesting lecture.
Then we ventured off to the Art Gallery of NSW, where we had an hour tour. The place was amazing, it was filled with such beautiful art. The main focus on our tour was aboriginal art, the detail artists use is just incredible.
After, we went with a few of our friends and did a little shopping at the Marketplace, a huge shopping mall. Shortly after, we went to the Queen Victoria Building which is another huge shopping mall and we all got cupcakes. Well, I (Hallie) got a giant cupcake, and I couldn’t be happier. Of course, it was my favorite kind; vanilla cake with lots of vanilla frosting. I (Zoë) got an apple cupcake which is different for me since I am usually a chocolate fanatic! But it was very good:)
Tuesday, we had to guest lectures, who happened to be brothers! How neat is that? They taught us about the sports culture in Australia and rugby. They were both very interesting and good presenters. We learned a lot about the importance of sport in Australian culture. Afterwards, we hopped on the buss and headed to the Sydney Olympic Park! Yeah that’s right we toured the ANZ Stadium, be extremely jealous. :p At the Olympic Park we got to sit in the stadium, check out all the VIP rooms and some media rooms. It was so awesome! We also got to see the Coca-Cola suite!
Wednesday, was lecture day, we had three different lectures. The first lecture was on the Refugee Council of Australia, Lucy Morgan was the presenter and she is the Information and Policy Officer there. The second lecture was Professor Haney gave us an overview on public relations and how we use it today. The third lecture was on health care in Australia. Which I, (Hallie) have already become very familiar with. After our long day of lectures we went to the Queen Victoria Building, which is a huge shopping mall. Obviously, we shopped til we dropped..or until the stores closed which was at 6. We are very surprised because this is common for stores to close around 5 or 6 every night. Then, we just came back put our feet up & relaxed.
Cherrio!
Much Love,
Zoë & Hallie

No comments:
Post a Comment