Sunday, January 12, 2014

This isn’t goodbye, it’s just a see you again Sydney!

The last few days in Sydney have been nothing but incredible, besides I (Hallie) still being sick.  
*quick side note, Zoë just said, “I think everyone knows you’re still sick…oh wait they can’t hear you cough.” I am currently dying of laughter & coughing. 
Anywhos, on Friday, we traveled to the Australian Broadcasting Company. Which included a behind the scenes tour of the sets of shows that are produced there.  Also, news rooms, radio rooms and their giant control room. After that, we had a lecture from a lady name Dianne who started her own public relations firm when she was 23! When she told us that, we both thought, “oh great, we’re 20/21 and we still don’t know what we’re doing with our lives…” Anyways, I (Hallie) was really excited about this lecture because I am very interested in Public Relations.  We thought it was really cool hearing how she started her own business and she now represents huge companies like UGG, Spanx, Stoli and Yankee Candles.  At the end of her lecture, she even gave us business cards, incase we were interested in contacting her or even if we were interested in interning… hmmm.. :). 
Later that night, we went to the Hayward Hotel for dinner, you could get steaks for $10!  Which, Hal got but, I (Zoë) got chicken schnitzel! 
The next day, (Saturday) was our final full day in Sydney! We had our last directed group activity  Hal and i were again in separate groups but we were assigned the same activity. We went down to Sydney Harbour and asked pedestrians why they thought the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House were iconic to Australia. We then asked them what iconic figures they thought of when think if the States. Afterwards, we started to pack, well Zoë started to pack, I slept because I wasn’t feeling well still.  Then we got ready for our farewell dinner, we couldn’t believe it was our last night! Our group was going to take the bus to Darling Harbour, where we had reservations, but the bus drove right past our stop! How rude! So, we ended up walking, which wasn’t too bad actually.  The restaurant we had our final dinner at was called Adriana’s, or something like that.  The food was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, Zoë got the salmon and I got the prime rib steak.  Unfortunately, I really started not to feel well, so I wasn't able to enjoy my sticky date pudding.  Zoë enjoyed her selection of sorbets, especially the raspberry.  As we were finishing up dinner, there were fireworks over the harbor! They were just beautiful, and such a perfect way to end the night. After, Hal went back to the hostel and I walked around with some of our friends. We stopped at a store and I stocked up on some Tim Tams, which are my new favorite food!!! They are seriously  SOOOO YUMMY!!! I will be bring a good amount home, wherever i can fit them! :) When we were leaving, we took the train home and o forgot my pass so, Jade and Becky helped me sneak in! Phew! When I got back, I finished up some packing and then Hal and I got ready for bed! 
Sunday: Well, Hal and I are currently sitting in the Brisbane Airport because our flight has been delayed 3 hours, no bueno. But lets start from the morning, we woke up from our beauty sleep and had breakfast with our group for the last time and we got pancakes!! This may not seem like a big deal but it is, because every other day we have had, eggs, bacon and toast. Not that we don’t love that but it does start to get a little old haha. We then proceeded to finish packing and say our goodbyes.  After we checked out, we got on the shuttle to take us to the airport…good thing we still had insurance because our driver was a crazy mad man! But seriously, he didn't seem to be in a good mood, and it was quite the bumpy ride.  But thank God, we arrived at the airport safely. After our first flight, we arrived at the Brisbane airport, and found out we were delayed..wahhhh. we just wanted to be in New Zealand. So during those 3 hours, we ate, slept and ate. Finally, they say we could board, we were back in business! About 4 hours later we landed in Dunedin safely! 
Let the New Zealand adventures begin! 
Much Love,

Hallie & Zoe :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment