Oh Wednesday, how eventful it was. We started out the day by hiking; Zoë, Chris, Clare, Oliver, and I all went on it! Thankfully, I was starting to feel better, though walking up hills was a little tricky. It was somewhat shitty; but literally because there was sheep crap everywhere!!! Especially since there were hundreds (Hal meant to say thousands) of sheep just freely roaming around. Even though the walk was “shitty,” the views we saw were just incredible. We swear, we’ve never seen such gorgeous views in Australia and New Zealand. One of the lookouts we were at was called Lover’s Leap, and boy it would be quite the leap. It is a straight drop of thousands of feet…pretty scary actually. Anywho’s, we made our way back…unfortunately, I, (Hallie) had to use the toilet. (Again, she has the weakest bladder, besides our friend court!) Too bad we weren’t able to get to a toilet within the next hour. So the obvious had to be done…nature pee time; everyone had a lookout spot incase anyone started to come. I’m pretty sure I heard Chris singing a song to Oliver about me peeing in the nature…nothing out of the ordinary. After we had that short little pit stop, we were back on the road! We then went to see the Albatross colony! These our New Zealand birds that our huge like gigantic! They're really quite interesting, I (Zoë) would recommend googling these beasts! Joan also met us and we all did the tour together! After the tour we drove to a little town called Portobello and we had lunch that we packed. We sat by the water and when we were done we collected a few shells, if anyone knows my (Zoë’s) dad well then you know he’s got a thing for shells and rocks. So, I obviously had to get him some New Zealand ones! Cross your fingers they don’t get crushed on the way home! We then went home for awhile, Oliver took a little nap and we just hung out. When Oliver woke up we went back into town. We went to the Botanic Gardens in Dunedin and got to see some of Clare’s artwork that is displayed there! It was so cool to be able to see her work, it was pretty amazing. We even made her take a picture by it so when she becomes famous we can sell it for millions! Well, Hal will still have some pretty good connections regardless! We also saw ducks at the garden and I’m pretty sure Hal almost died of happiness right then and there. I think everyone who knows her knows she obsessed like she really is, she was a duck for halloween, so you can only imagine the excitement. She probably took at least 100 pictures of them, most likely more! As Zoë mentioned before; I was beyond excited. I was in duck heaven! Some of the ducks were so big! It was amazing! Also, Oliver really likes ducks as well; so it even made the experience more special because he kept saying, “Duck! Duck! Duck!” After, they had to pry me away from the ducks, we saw some other pretty cool birds in the gardens..though they weren’t as cool as all of the ducks. Afterwards, we took them out to dinner, but we didn’t even realize it was after 7 because it was so light out! Chris and Clare picked a Japanese restaurant, we treated them, for their amazing hospitality. We each had a chicken meal and we even tried seaweed salad, which was delicious! After dinner, Clare and Oliver went home because it was quite past his bed time. Chris, Joan, (Clare’s sister) Zoë and I all went to the tiniest bar ever. Seriously, it is one of the smallest bars in the world! Chris’s friend was playing piano at it, so we sat outside the bar, (there’s no where to sit inside) and listened to him play for about an hour. It was a really neat thing to experience. To end our night; Chris suggested to watch this apparently awful “horror” movie called “Black Sheep.” So of course, I listened to my big brother, and Chris, Zoë and I watched it… and man it was horrible, it was like a zombie outbreak…but with genetically engineered, crazy sheep. It was quite the bizarre and disturbing… I mean who comes up with this kind of movie? It’s alright though, we got some good laughs out, and a couple scares out of it. Then, we had to do what we were dreading the most…packing, again. We did a little packing and called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment